Saturday, October 26, 2013

My Mary Kay®

Hey Ya'll!

Hope ya'll are ready for the weekend, Because it's here!

For my first makeup entry, I want give you a little peek into the new Mary Kay® lines, marykay @play™ and the Limited Edition Fairytales and Fantasy. I'm loving both lines with the Fairytales and Fantasy with their dreamy colors and perfect shades of pastels. The marykay @play™ gives a little edge to your everyday makeup routine and just makes me want to dance and be a little bold!

Lets dive into the dreamy shades of a storybook....

Kohl Eyeliner in Golden Illusion
I can NOT wait to try this out on my waterline!
 
Smoke & Shimmer Eye Wand in Amethyst Smoke
 
 
Smoke & Shimmer Eye Wand in Enchanted Mauve
 
 
When I did the color swatches on my hand the Eye Wands were very smooth and I think they are going to be great for smoking out the eyes. Enchanted Mauve is going to work great with just about any color, but I'm going to play with the Amethyst Smoke and see its potential :) Here's the swatches:
 
 
 

 
 
Now lets turn up the volume with some @play...
 
Eye Crayons
Top: Gold Mine
Bottom: Green Tea


I used the Gold Mine today as a base, on top I used the baked eye trio and the
Eye Crayon really made the colors pop!
 
Lip Crayons
Top: Toasted
Bottom: Candied Apple
 
 
 
 
Here are the swatches:
 
 
 

 
 Baked Eye Trio in On the Horizon
               
 
 As I stated above I tried out my first Eye Trio today and I have to say I really liked 2 out of the 3 colors. The cream and pinkish/plum color showed up really well, but the purple took a little work to show up. I just thought with it being the darkest shade, it would show up more than the others. I did wet my brush and there was a big difference. Great as an eyeliner! Here are the swatches:

 
 
 
Overall, I'm pretty impressed with both lines and can't wait to try out all the other shades! I will be making a tutorial on how I use these products, to make great looks. Keep an eye out! :)
Until next time!

 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment